Friday, April 2, 2010

'ESPN: The worldwide leader in selling stuff'


Esquire thinks ESPN will successfully push to expand the NCAA basketball tournament to 96 teams

 Under a 96-team format, I could coach a team to the Sweet 24. And we must have a format that guarantees big dogs like the Tar Heels always get in the tourney, no matter their suckiness.

 Furthermore, college basketball should emulate football's system, where teams like Brigham Young University end up in the Toilet Bowl regardless of their talent because their fans are less likely to shoot tequila and make it rain at strip clubs in their bowl city. (Yes, I'm being sarcastic).

 Don't go back to letting only conference champions into the Big Dance. But the current format might be the happy medium.

Alas, I think Esquire is on to something. Dollars and those godless Connecticut Yankees at ESPN will out. Get ready to fill out your bracket for May Madness.


No comments:

Post a Comment