Monday, April 5, 2010

NCAA championship



Butler vs. Duke. My heart pulls for the long-shot Bulldogs against the evil Blue Devil empire.

This guy, though, points up that Duke is not all bad. Having lived on Tobacco Road for two years, I'll attest that Carolina fans can be insufferably sanctimonious, and I admire the chutzpah of Coach K for delivering a hale and hearty "fuck you"--with a Polish-American snarl--to the Dean.

Still, I'll be hoping Butler pulls off a win tonight.

From the article above in defense of the Dukies:
People say they like college basketball because it involves team play, basketball fundamentals, players who actually try hard and play together as a unit. Duke exemplifies that, and then people turn around and say, "Oh, they're a bunch of stuck up white kids. Look at their ostentatious, pretentious 'fundamentals.' Look how they play the game the 'right way.' How arrogant! How odious!



No comments:

Post a Comment