Thursday, March 11, 2010

Glenn Beck is mean and bat-shit crazy to boot.


Glenn Beck has recently urged his listeners to shun churches that use the term "social justice." Today he turned up the crazy to 11, saying that social justice is "a perversion of the gospel" and "not what Jesus would say."

"Social justice" freed the slaves, granted women the right to vote, and gave black Americans equal protection under the law. On a less-grand scale, "social justice" is why we give coats to the poor, why we feed the hungry in soup kitchens, why we protect and fight for the lesser creatures among us.

Christians are kicking back at Beck's insanity.

The dickweed that is Beck never met the Jesus I know.

Matthew 25: 34-40 (from the King James 'cause I'm old school)
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.




No comments:

Post a Comment