Friday, February 19, 2010

Stuff hipsters hate



This a blog I love, showing the infinite blur between hipsters and geeks.

Excerpt from today's entry that made me laugh out loud. Switch out "Kohl's" for "Dollar General Store," and this is me at 12. "Let’s take a trip back in time to my sixth-grade classroom. Decked out in off-brand jeans and a T-shirt from Kohl’s, which nicely offset the wire-framed glasses that slipped down my greasy nose, I sat in the third row, checking off books for my mom to order from the Scholastic Book Club catalog."

P.S. I had a pantsuit in 6th grade very similar to the one Napoleon is sporting. Don't doubt me. I have pictures and am not afraid to post them.

P.P.S. Yeah, I wore Chuck Taylors in elementary school. My sister and I each got a new pair in August for the start of school. Black or white, those were the options. I chose black usually, but not because they were hipper. Because they showed less dirt. Chucks then were not ironic. Neither was I. My Chucks today are blue. I am ironic. But I long to again be that little girl in high-top Converse and cheap jeans, daydreaming about books and wondering where the world would take me.


No comments:

Post a Comment